The Business Boost
Interested in participating in the 2023 Business Boost?
Sign up here or contact Amanda Gay with questions.
Give BIG Green Bay’s Business Boost is BACK to engage employees and highlight your organization’s commitment to our community. The Business Boost provides a platform for local businesses to align with one of the largest days of giving in our community, Give BIG Green Bay. The goal of this program is to inspire and empower the people who live and work here to learn about, connect with, and support participating nonprofits and their causes.
By participating in The Business Boost, your organization will:
- Increase awareness of your commitment to our community.
- Tell your organization's story with its own Give BIG Green Bay profile page. (sample profile). The Give BIG Green Bay website had over 20,000 visitors last year!
- Engage your employees in learning about philanthropy and build a sense of community.
- Align with other community-minded organizations.
- Amplify the critical work of local nonprofits.
How to Participate:
Participating in The Business Boost is simple:
- Create a customized business profile on giveBIGgreenbay.org to share information about your company’s philanthropic efforts
- Spread the word throughout your company to encourage employees to learn about and give back to one or more of the nonprofits participating in Give BIG Green Bay 2023.
- Ask your employees to select your business during checkout so their donation counts toward your business’ total for the event.
What does this mean for you?
We’ll make it easy to engage your team by providing a toolkit of graphics, social media messages, and email templates that can be easily updated to fit your organization’s brand.
With that information, your team can determine how you want to use this as an employee engagement opportunity.
Tips for running a successful program:
Have an internal point person
An internal contact person for your business will streamline the work and make communication easier for everyone.
The business profile page on the Give BIG Green Bay website not only allows you to share your commitment to the community, but you can set a goal for your team. Goals can be based on total dollars donated or a percentage of employee participation.
Consider a company match
If your company would like to match all or part of the amount your employees donate during the event, you can make it part of your profile story.
Think BIG about how you want to engage your team around your business goals for Give BIG Green Bay.
Share your plan with your team
The timeline for Give BIG Green Bay is short, and the 24-hour giving window can sneak up and fly by, so creating awareness about the event is key.
Here is everything you need to help make your Business Boost successful.
Employer Match options for Give BIG Green Bay’s Business Boost
If your business is offering an employee match for donations made during the 24-hour event, we just need a few pieces of information.
- Will your company be offering a match? ____Yes ____ No (if no, that’s all we need)
- What dollar amount will your company commit as a match? ______
Match distributions will be allocated to each participating nonprofits based on their percent of the total donations made by employees. (For example, if organization A received 10% of your employee donations, that same organization will receive 10% of the matching funds.)
To ensure your match dollars are included in the giving day event total, please let us know the amount by 10am on Tuesday, 2/14/23.